when someone makes you feel insecure about liking something
TINY TURTLE INVESTIGATORS: THE CASE OF THE LARGE STRAWBERRY
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
“HAVE YOU TRIED BALANCING ON IT”
“YES OF COURSE I TRIED BALANCING ON IT JENKINS THIS IS NOT MY FIRST DAY AS A TINY TURTLE INVESTIGATOR”
Sunday Cosplay is the best
HOLY MOTHERFUCK SHIT GOD BLESS YOU
Return to Sender is a funny photo series by photographer Tommy Kha that takes a unique approach to self-portraiture. Rather than taking a straight-forward image of himself, the Memphis-based photographer presents himself engaged in a one-sided kiss with dozens of strangers in various locales. Funny enough, it’s the other person in each shot that is fully committed to the smooch as Kha stands motionless.
When approaching strangers to be his potential partner, Kha simply has one direction for them: “They can kiss me however they want but they have to kiss me on the lips.” No matter how they choose to go about it, Kha’s reaction is consistent. The stoic photographer’s unresponsive facial expression and body language stands out in each shot, making for a hilariously awkward collection of photos.
Shot after shot, he continues to lock lips with passionate partners, yet he impressively displays no sign of pleasure, disgust, or any other possible reaction. Instead, he opts to remain unaffected by their advances, even if they choose to carry him in their arms or dip him as a romantic gesture. via [Beautiful Decay]
Reblog if you’ve been called any BY YOUR PARENTS or any other close relation
The top three.
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
americans seem to think there are two accents in england
- tally ho old chum cheerio yes yes wot wot
- YOU AIGHT M8 I’LL FUCK YA UP FOR LOOKIN AT MY TELLY
which is 100% true
actually everyone thinks that
but english people seem to think americans have two accents
- well hidey ho thare I was just goin to round up them there horses
- woah gnarly waves dude lets go eat a hamburger and smoke some weed
- RDJ says Tumblr is dangerous
- RDJ loves danger
- I am on Tumblr
- I am dangerous
- Robert Downey Jr. loves me
sometimes the chains that prevent us from being free are more mental than physical